Date:   Sun, 23 Apr 2017 17:01:53 +0200 (CEST)
From:   Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>
To:     Tommi Rantala <tt.rantala@...il.com>
cc:     Guenter Roeck <linux@...ck-us.net>,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Fenghua Yu <fenghua.yu@...el.com>,
        Jean Delvare <jdelvare@...e.com>, linux-hwmon@...r.kernel.org,
        Sebastian Siewior <bigeasy@...utronix.de>,
        Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>, x86@...nel.org
Subject: Re: [patch 0/6] hwmon/coretemp: Hotplug fixes, cleanups and state
 machine conversion

On Sat, 15 Apr 2017, Tommi Rantala wrote:

> > On Wed, 12 Apr 2017, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> >>
> >> Can you please try the following:
> >>
> >> # for STATE in freezer devices platform processors core; do \
> >>   echo $STATE; \
> >>   echo $STATE >/sys/power/pm_test; \
> >>   echo mem >/sys/power/state
> >>
> >> That should give us at least a hint in which area to dig.
> >
> > Any news on that?
>
> Sorry, was traveling.
>
> Testing with 4.10.8-200.fc25.x86_64: freezer, devices and platform are
> OK, it breaks at "processors".
> The screen stays off, and the machine no longer answers to ping.
>
> (Without coretemp loaded, the machine survives all the states. There
> are some graphics glitches and radeon error messages)

That's odd. I tried on a similar machine (w/o a radeon card) and it just
works with the coretemp module loaded.

Can you please do a CPU hotplug cycle (just one CPU) with the cpuhp events
in the tracer enabled. Send me the trace output so I might be able to spot
whats different and what interdependencies between other callbacks might be
there.

I'm traveling for a week now. I come back to this after my travel; if I
forget, please send me a reminder.

Thanks,

	tglx