Date:   Wed, 10 May 2017 13:01:36 -0700
From:   Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:     Ingo Molnar <mingo@...nel.org>
Cc:     "Paul E. McKenney" <paulmck@...ibm.com>,
        Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>
Subject: Re: [RFC GIT PULL, v2] RCU changes for v4.12

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 12:54 PM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@...nel.org> wrote:

> Yeah, you are right and sorry about that - I have removed the patch
> generation from my pull request scripts, so it shouldn't happen in
> the future.

I do have to say, that during the later -rc series in particular when
people send me smaller fixes, I enjoy seeing the full patches.

But that's generally when they fit in a screenful or two (eg 100 lines
of actual unified diff or less - which tends to imply that maybe 10-20
lines were actually changed).

So the patches are fine when they are manageable and useful to see
details. It's just that 7500 lines of diff is definitely not
manageable.

            Linus