Date:   Mon, 22 May 2017 11:54:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:   David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
To:     jim_baxter@...tor.com
Cc:     bjorn@...k.no, linux-usb@...r.kernel.org, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, oliver@...kum.org
Subject: Re: [RFC V1 1/1] net: cdc_ncm: Reduce memory use when kernel
 memory low

From: "Baxter, Jim" <jim_baxter@...tor.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 16:45:42 +0100

Unfortunately without a real notifier of some sort (there isn't one, and
it isn't actually easy to come up with a clean way to do this which is
probably why it doesn't exist yet in the first place) I really cannot
recommend anything better.

That being said, probably for the time being we should just backoff each
and every request, always trying initially to do the higher order thing.