Date:   Sun, 28 May 2017 18:54:16 +0800
From:   "Du, Changbin" <changbin.du@...el.com>
To:     Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@...il.com>
Cc:     "Du, Changbin" <changbin.du@...el.com>,
        "linux-pci@...r.kernel.org" <linux-pci@...r.kernel.org>,
Subject: Re: [Q] What about PCI mmio access alignment?

Thank you. I have some experiment on my PC. The result is:
  o I always can get expected value if the unaligned access doesn't across a
    DWORD boundary, like readw(bar0+1). I suspect that the chipset should read
    a whole DWORD in behind. This may trigger unexpected behaviour on device.
  o If read across DWORD boundary, I get some intersting value, like
    readl(bar0+2). For some device, I get a cyclic shifted value of the first
    DWORD, while some device return all FF.

So my conclusion is that no unaligned access and at least access one DWORD size.

--
Thanks,
Changbin Du

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (474 bytes)