Date:   Wed, 31 May 2017 08:10:45 +0200
From:   Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@...ll.ch>
To:     Dave Airlie <airlied@...il.com>
Cc:     David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>,
        "intel-gfx@...ts.freedesktop.org" <intel-gfx@...ts.freedesktop.org>,
        dri-devel <dri-devel@...ts.freedesktop.org>,
        Jani Nikula <jani.nikula@...ux.intel.com>,
        Jeff Kirsher <jeffrey.t.kirsher@...el.com>,
        intel-wired-lan@...ts.osuosl.org, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
Subject: Re: [PULL] topic/e1000e-fix

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 7:54 AM, Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@...ll.ch> wrote:
> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 1:06 AM, Dave Airlie <airlied@...il.com> wrote:
>> On 31 May 2017 at 08:10, David Miller <davem@...emloft.net> wrote:
>>> From: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@...ll.ch>
>>> Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 22:15:42 +0200

>>> That's not how things work.
>>>
>>> If the maintainer wants you to style things a certain way, either you
>>> do it that way or your patch isn't accepted.
>
> Consider this pull a regression report, pls handle it.

And I guess I pile of more cc, to make this regression report
complete. I mean you got the backtrace, bisect and a proposed fix, and
the almost-whitespace change demanded is something gcc does in its
sleep. I'd understand a request to retest if it would be a real
functional change, but in this situation I have no idea why this
regression just can't be fixed already.

Not sure if it's really preferred if regression reports come
incomplete, without bugfix and bisect attached.
-Daniel