Date:   Fri, 09 Jun 2017 13:17:22 +0200
From:   Fabien Lahoudere <fabien.lahoudere@...labora.co.uk>
To:     Peter Chen <peter.chen@....com>
Cc:     Stephen Boyd <sboyd@...eaurora.org>,
        Peter Senna Tschudin <peter.senna@...labora.com>,
        Felipe Balbi <balbi@...nel.org>,
        "open list:USB PHY LAYER" <linux-usb@...r.kernel.org>,
        open list <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [RFC] usb-phy-generic: Add support to SMSC USB3315

Hi Peter

On Fri, 2017-06-09 at 08:26 +0000, Peter Chen wrote:

> > I have a look at your patches (http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg157134.html)
> > and I wonder if power sequence is applicable only on hub node?
>
> No, power sequence can be used for any devices which needs to carry out power on
> before probe.
>
> > hub are probed too
> > late (after ci_ulpi_init). Do you think it is possible to read a power sequence in dts
> > from ci_ulpi_init?
> >

> I think the suitable place for power sequence is at ulpi_of_register, some ULPI PHYs
> need to carry out power on before reading ID.

I do some test to verify that ulpi_of_register is called before hw_phymode_configure but it is not
the case.

Can you confirm that ULPI phys works with IMX6?

It seems that IMX53 and IMX6 use the same chipidea controller and should have the same behaviour. So
I wonder if the issue I encounter can be a SOC issue.

Thanks