Date:   Thu, 20 Jul 2017 08:22:35 +0100
From:   Okash Khawaja <okash.khawaja@...il.com>
To:     Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
        Jiri Slaby <jslaby@...e.com>,
        Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@...-lyon.org>,
        Alan Cox <gnomes@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Cc:     William Hubbs <w.d.hubbs@...il.com>,
        Chris Brannon <chris@...-brannons.com>,
        Kirk Reiser <kirk@...sers.ca>, speakup@...ux-speakup.org,
        devel@...verdev.osuosl.org
Subject: [patch v3 0/3] tty contention resulting from tty_open_by_driver export

Hi,

I have updated the patches so that the exclusivity flag is in tty_port.
When closing the struct - by calling tty_release_struct - we also need
to reset the flag. One way to do that is to reset the flag inside
tty_release_struct function, regardless of whether the tty was opened
through tty_kopen or not. In order to keep the code clean, I have
instead created a separate function called tty_kclose which is the same
as tty_release_struct except that it also resets the exclusivity flag.
As a result, any changes to tty_release_struct won't be in tty_kclose
untless manually added. Please advise on this.

Here is a summary of changes when compared to v2:

- Patch 1 uses TTY_PORT_KOPENED flag instead of TTY_KOPENED and as a
        result adds helper functions to read and change the flag
- Patch 1 adds tty_kclose function to close tty opened by tty_kopen
- Patch 2 calls tty_kclose instead of tty_release_struct

Thanks,
Okash