Date:   Mon, 24 Jul 2017 14:49:10 -0500
From:   Alan Tull <atull@...nel.org>
To:     Moritz Fischer <moritz.fischer@...us.com>
Cc:     Alan Tull <atull@...nel.org>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        linux-fpga@...r.kernel.org
Subject: [RFC 0/5] Open source FPGA image header

This patch set adds open source FPGA image headers.  This allows FPGA
FPGA image specific information to be added to the images themselves.
The header format is a simplified form of u-boot FIT images and can be
expanded as real use cases are raised.  As all the FPGA kernel
frameworks are intended to be vendor agnostic, so also is the header.
As libfdt's licensing is permissive, this header is also intended to
be useful for OS's other than Linux.

In February, there was a conversation on the linux-fpga mailing list
where Moritz and Jason suggested headers, so with their permission
I'll be happy to add 'Suggested-by'.

An API function and a sysfs interface are added for applying FPGA
images to regions.

Patches 1-2 are documentation

Patches 3-4 are small API changes and could be rolled into my "non-DT
  support for FPGA regions" patchset.

Patch 5 is the bulk of it.

todo: I've been working on scatter gather table support for this.
It's not done yet, so I pulled it out for now.

This patch applies on top of my "non-DT support for FPGA regions" v3
patchset.

Alan Tull

Alan Tull (5):
  doc: fpga: add document for the fdt FPGA header
  doc: fpga: add sysfs document for fpga region
  fpga: add dev to fpga_image_info
  fpga-region: new function fpga_region_free
  fpga-region support for fdt headers on fpga images

 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-fpga-region |   7 +
 Documentation/fpga/fpga-header.txt                | 103 +++++
 drivers/fpga/Kconfig                              |   7 +
 drivers/fpga/fpga-mgr.c                           |  14 +-
 drivers/fpga/fpga-region.c                        | 460 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/fpga/of-fpga-region.c                     |  16 +-
 include/linux/fpga/fpga-mgr.h                     |  13 +-
 include/linux/fpga/fpga-region.h                  |   3 +
 create mode 100644 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-fpga-region
 create mode 100644 Documentation/fpga/fpga-header.txt

--
2.7.4