Date:   Fri, 18 Aug 2017 21:10:25 +0530
From:   Sriram V <vshrirama@...il.com>
To:     linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Kernel Panic sysrq questions

Hi,

1. I am testing my watchdog driver. The driver uses the internal
watchdog (Internal to SOC).
2. I use a single core SOC.
3. I have a workqueue which pets the watchdog every 60 seconds.
4. I trigger a kernel crash by doing a echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger to
trigger  a kernel crash
5. Even after the crash, I observe that the workqueue gets
periodically executed. (I have a printk
    inside the workqueue before the pet as a result the watchdog does
not reset the board.

My Understanding is When a fatal panic happens, The Kernel is in
frozen state (no workques
or tasks get executed).

Is my understanding correct or am i missing something here.

Thanks,

Regards,
Sriram