Date:   Thu, 5 Oct 2017 08:57:34 -0500
From:   Josh Poimboeuf <jpoimboe@...hat.com>
To:     Tetsuo Handa <penguin-kernel@...ove.SAKURA.ne.jp>
Cc:     fengguang.wu@...el.com, byungchul.park@....com, mingo@...nel.org,
        peterz@...radead.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, lkp@...org,
        torvalds@...ux-foundation.org, bp@...en8.de, x86@...nel.org,
        hpa@...or.com, tglx@...utronix.de
Subject: Re: [lockdep] b09be676e0 BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer
 dereference at 000001f2

On Thu, Oct 05, 2017 at 08:02:33PM +0900, Tetsuo Handa wrote:
> Josh Poimboeuf wrote:

> > > Here are two outputs.
> >
> > Tetsuo, would you mind trying the following patch?
> >
> Here are two outputs. Same kernel with different host hardware.

Thanks, these dumps are more "normal":

- The first shows a missing frame pointer setup in
  atomic64_add_unless_cx8().

- The second shows some frame pointer related issue in the kthread
  creation path.

I don't plan on fixing those, because we don't yet have objtool support
for 32-bit and we don't have anything which needs reliable stack traces
there.  I'll probably just disable those unwinder dumps on 32-bit.

--
Josh