Date:   Wed, 1 Nov 2017 12:09:19 -0700
From:   Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:     Marc Gonzalez <marc_gonzalez@...madesigns.com>
Cc:     Alan Cox <gnomes@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Linux ARM <linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org>,
        Steven Rostedt <rostedt@...dmis.org>,
        Ingo Molnar <mingo@...nel.org>,
        Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
        Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>,
        John Stultz <john.stultz@...aro.org>,
        Douglas Anderson <dianders@...omium.org>,
        Nicolas Pitre <nico@...aro.org>,
        Mark Rutland <mark.rutland@....com>,
        Will Deacon <will.deacon@....com>,
        Jonathan Austin <jonathan.austin@....com>,
        Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...db.de>,
        Kevin Hilman <khilman@...nel.org>,
        Russell King <linux@....linux.org.uk>,
        Michael Turquette <mturquette@...libre.com>,
        Stephen Boyd <sboyd@...eaurora.org>, Mason <slash.tmp@...e.fr>
Subject: Re: [RFC] Improving udelay/ndelay on platforms where that is possible

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 12:03 PM, Marc Gonzalez
<marc_gonzalez@...madesigns.com> wrote:

> By default, ndelay is implemented in terms of udelay.

That's very much *NOT* the case.

Yes, there is a *fallback* for when somebody doesn't do ndelay() at
all, but that doesn't make it the default.

It's just a "the architecture didn't implement ndelay at all, we'll
work around it".

So stop this idiocy already. About half of what I've seen in this
thread has been pure garbage.

                       Linus