Date:   Mon, 6 Nov 2017 23:51:25 +0100
From:   "Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult" <metux@....de>
To:     Pintu Kumar <pintu.ping@...il.com>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Proposal: single defconfig for all ARM

On 26.10.2017 18:26, Pintu Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My proposal is to maintain a common base defconfig file for all ARM
> products and only add the additional configs in the new defconfig
> file.
> I am not sure if this is already possible. If this is possible please
> let us know the steps.

Would cat'ing 'em together do the trick ?

OTOH, we could introduce meta-options in a separate menu, that just
enable the actual ones. eg:

--> Select SoC type
   --> imx6 series
       --> imx6 model: imx6q, imx6dl, imx6ul, ...
       --> enable networking
       --> enable lcd display
       --> enable hdmi display
       --> enable sdma