Date:   Tue, 7 Nov 2017 21:23:27 +0200
From:   "Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst@...hat.com>
To:     Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Cc:     KVM list <kvm@...r.kernel.org>,
        virtualization <virtualization@...ts.linux-foundation.org>,
        Network Development <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        Michal Hocko <mhocko@...e.com>,
        Tetsuo Handa <penguin-kernel@...ove.sakura.ne.jp>,
        wei.w.wang@...el.com
Subject: Re: [PULL] virtio: last minute bugfix

On Tue, Nov 07, 2017 at 08:13:10PM +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 07, 2017 at 09:29:59AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 9:23 AM, Linus Torvalds
> > <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > I guess I'll take it, but please don't do things like this to me.
> >
> > Oh no I wont.
> >
> > The garbage you sent me doesn't even compile cleanly, and is utter shite.
> >
> > Not acceptable for last-minute bugfixes, and you're now on my shit-list.
> >
> >                 Linus
>
> Sorry about that.
>
> I'll investigate what went wrong.
>
> Will be more careful not to cut corners next time around, just follow
> the standard procedure.

All right, my local tests didn't fail on new warnings, and I didn't give
the zero day infrastructure enough time to do it's job.

Lesson hopefully learned - don't rush it, give tools the time to do
their job.

Wei, you'll want to respin your 4.15 patchset on top of my fixed tree.
At this point the fix will only land in 4.15, sorry about that.

Thanks everyone.