Date:   Thu, 16 Nov 2017 16:15:40 +0100
From:   Jonas Oberg <jonas@...e.org>
To:     Jonathan Corbet <corbet@....net>
Cc:     Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...uxfoundation.org>,
        Andrew Morton <akpm@...uxfoundation.org>,
        Philippe Ombredanne <pombredanne@...b.com>,
        Christoph Hellwig <hch@....de>,
        Russell King <rmk+kernel@...linux.org.uk>,
        Rob Herring <rob.herring@...aro.org>,
        Joe Perches <joe@...ches.com>, linux-xfs@...r.kernel.org,
        Kate Stewart <kstewart@...uxfoundation.org>
Subject: Re: [patch 1/7] Documentation: Add license-rules.rst to describe how
 to properly identify file licenses

Hi,

> One other thing that occurred to me is that documentation files, too,
> are copyrightable and should have license identifiers.

Would it make sense to take an incremental approach to this? Get the
source code and identifiers worked on by Thomas et al through first, then
think about and fix up potential other issues, like the top level COPYING
file, or documentation :-)

--
Jonas Öberg
Executive Director

FSFE e.V. - keeping the power of technology in your hands. Your
support enables our work, please join us today http://fsfe.org/join