Date:   Fri, 17 Nov 2017 11:11:34 +0200
From:   Mika Westerberg <mika.westerberg@...ux.intel.com>
To:     Chris Chiu <chiu@...lessm.com>
Cc:     Daniel Drake <drake@...lessm.com>, heikki.krogerus@...ux.intel.com,
        linux-gpio@...r.kernel.org,
        Linux Kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Endless Linux Upstreaming Team <linux@...lessm.com>,
        Jarkko Nikula <jarkko.nikula@...ux.intel.com>
Subject: Re: intel-gpio interrupts stop firing with Focaltech I2C-HID touchpad

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 04:27:39PM +0800, Chris Chiu wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 9:07 PM, Mika Westerberg
> <mika.westerberg@...ux.intel.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 12:01:24PM +0000, Daniel Drake wrote:
> >>
> >> It works fine under Windows, so I think it's already clear that there
> >> is a Linux bug to be solved here.
> >
> > Can you remove all the "debugging" patches and hacks and then add
> > "i2c_hid.debug=1" to the kernel command line.
> >
> > Then reproduce the issue and send me full dmesg and acpidump of the
> > system. Thanks.
>
> Hi Mika,
>     Here's the dmesg log which stops at 214th seconds and no more
> further output and archive of "acpidump -b" output files FYI.

Thanks!

The dmesg is not complete, I wonder if you can make the buffer a bit
bigger by increasing CONFIG_LOG_BUF_SHIFT (or get it from
/var/log/messages or so). I would like to see i2c-hid init and related
messages.

>From the acpidump related to the i2c-hid device, the system provides
custom I2C timings via FMCN ACPI method but it misses one value
(sda_hold). Not sure if if has anything to do with the problem, though.
Adding Jarkko in case he has any ideas.

BTW, is this the same machine which has problems in S3 suspend/resume?