Date:   Mon, 4 Dec 2017 14:36:20 -0800
From:   Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:     "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...ysocki.net>,
        Andy Lutomirski <luto@...nel.org>
        "the arch/x86 maintainers" <x86@...nel.org>
Subject: Re: Linux 4.15-rc2: Regression in resume from ACPI S3

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 2:25 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@...ysocki.net> wrote:

> So far, resume from suspend-to-RAM (ACPI S3) is broken on all of the
> systems I have tested, so it is probably safe to assume it to be
> broken everywhere.

Oh, it's definitely not broken everywhere, because I use it myself,
and was traveling last week due to my mom's bday.

HOWEVER.

Some of the x86 work seems to have broken it for some configurations.
In particular, do you have a big "everything enabled" kernel config -
particularly lockdep and irqflags tracing enabled?

Andy has a patch, but it hasn't made it to me yet (probably because
the x86 people are very busy with the kaiser work):

    https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/11/30/546

(also note his follow-up "fix the commit message" note, but that one
doesn't actually affect the code itself).

Does that patch fix it for  you?