Date:   Mon, 4 Dec 2017 11:11:06 +0100
From:   Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
To:     Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheuvel@...aro.org>
Cc:     Dave Young <dyoung@...hat.com>,
        Matt Fleming <matt@...eblueprint.co.uk>,
        "Tobin C. Harding" <me@...in.cc>,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        "linux-efi@...r.kernel.org" <linux-efi@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] hash addresses printed with %p

On Mon, Dec 04, 2017 at 10:03:19AM +0000, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> On 4 December 2017 at 09:59, Greg Kroah-Hartman
> <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 04, 2017 at 09:48:37AM +0000, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:

> >> But wasn't that the whole point? That there is a macro that does what
> >> you don't want (__ATTR_RO) and none that does what you do want?
> >
> > my point is that __ATTR() should work for you as-is...
>
> Well, not entirely.
>
> Not sure if the runtime-map code is doing anything wrong here, but it defines
>
> struct map_attribute {
>     struct attribute attr;
>     ssize_t (*show)(struct efi_runtime_map_entry *entry, char *buf);
> };
>
> and uses __ATTR_RO() to emit initializers for it. __ATTR() initializes
> the .store member as well, which does not exists, and so it cannot be
> used directly.
>
> So we should either add a .store member that is always NULL, or we
> should add our own

You should add a .store member that is always null, as you are getting
away with a nice hack by relying on that not being present :)

> #define __ATTR_0400(_name) { \
> .attr = { .name = __stringify(_name), .mode = 0400 }, \
> .show = _name##_show, \
> }
>
> that does not set .store at all.

Creating a new macro for every different mode value you are wanting to
use seems a bit overkill, just use __ATTR() as is please.  You are
already using it in other efi files today:
	drivers/firmware/efi/efi.c
	drivers/firmware/efi/esrt.c
thanks,

greg k-h