Date:   Fri, 15 Dec 2017 13:51:22 -0600
From:   Bruno Wolff III <bruno@...ff.to>
To:     weiping zhang <zwp10758@...il.com>
Cc:     Laura Abbott <labbott@...hat.com>, Jan Kara <jack@...e.cz>,
        Jens Axboe <axboe@...nel.dk>, linux-mm@...ck.org,
        regressions@...mhuis.info, linux-block@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Regression with a0747a859ef6 ("bdi: add error handle for
 bdi_debug_register")

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 22:02:20 +0800,
  weiping zhang <zwp10758@...il.com> wrote:
>Sorry to let you confuse, WARN_ON means we catch log as following:
>WARNING: CPU: 3 PID: 3486 at block/genhd.c:680 device_add_disk+0x3d9/0x460

I do not get this warning for any of the kernels I build, whether from
Linus' tree or Josh Boyer's Fedora tree. It shows up when I test kernels built
by Fedora, but those don't have your debug patch.

I do not know what is different. Do you have any ideas? Most likely I won't
be able to test any more kernels until Monday (unless I can use most of my
most recent build over again very soon).