Date:   Fri, 5 Jan 2018 19:02:35 +0100
From:   Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
To:     Willy Tarreau <w@....eu>
Cc:     linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        torvalds@...ux-foundation.org, stable@...r.kernel.org, lwn@....net,
        Jiri Slaby <jslaby@...e.cz>
Subject: Re: Linux 4.4.110

On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 04:55:07PM +0100, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 03:54:33PM +0100, Greg KH wrote:
> > I'm announcing the release of the 4.4.110 kernel.
> >
> > All users of the 4.4 kernel series must upgrade.
> >
> > But be careful, there have been some reports of problems with this
> > release during the -rc review cycle.  Hopefully all of those issues are
> > now resolved.
> >
> > So please test, as of right now, it should be "bug compatible" with the
> > "enterprise" kernel releases with regards to the Meltdown bug and proper
> > support on all virtual platforms (meaning there is still a vdso issue
> > that might trip up some old binaries, again, please test!)
> >
> > If anyone has any problems, please let me know.
>
> FWIW I've just booted one of our LBs on it and am hammering it at full
> load with pti enabled and will let it run for the week-end. It takes
> 860k irq/s and about 1.7M syscalls/s. For now it works well (but slowly).
> Hopefully if there are any rare race conditions left it has a chance to
> trigger them.

Thanks for the testing, let me know if you see anything.  And "slowly",
does that mean it is noticable?  I have some querys from the virtual
networking people that are getting worried about all of this.  I told
them to go test, but they were having a hard time finding a kernel to
test with.  Hopefully we hear back from them now that these are out...

thanks,

greg k-h