Date:   Mon, 15 Jan 2018 23:33:01 +0800
From:   Ming Lei <ming.lei@...hat.com>
To:     Mike Snitzer <snitzer@...hat.com>
Cc:     Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>,
        Alasdair G Kergon <agk@...hat.com>,
        Laurence Oberman <loberman@...hat.com>, axboe@...nel.dk,
        linux-block@...r.kernel.org, hch@....de
Subject: Re: 4.16 genirq change prevents HP servers from booting [was: Re:
 linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the device-mapper tree]

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 10:25:01AM -0500, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 15 2018 at  8:27am -0500,
> Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Commit
> >
> >   34e1467da673 ("Revert "genirq/affinity: assign vectors to all possible CPUs"")
> >
> > is missing a Signed-off-by from its author and committer.
> >
> > Reverts are commits as well.
>
> Right, I'm aware.  I staged the tree that made some HP servers finally
> work with the latest linux-block 4.16 changes.  Without thinking about
> the broader implications.  Anyway, I'll drop the revert from
> linux-dm.git's 'for-next'.
>
> Because I'm confident others will hunt down the irq issues.
>
> I think Ming was looking to grab the queue mapping info and CPU related
> info from the affected server.

Hi Mike,

I have cooked a fix today, please see the following link:

	https://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=151601867018444&w=2

This issue is clear, and has been described in above link and the
patch. If no objection, I will prepare a formal version.

--
Ming