Date:   Tue, 1 May 2018 16:51:02 +0800
From:   Gao Xiang <hsiangkao@....com>
To:     tj@...nel.org, jiangshanlai@...il.com
Cc:     linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: workqueue: could work->func be reused for private data by introducing
 per-wq default function?

Hi Tejun Heo, Lai Jiangshan,

     I don't know whether the related topic was discussed or not (or
it's actually an insane proposal :( )

     It seems that the most of workqueues INIT_WORK by a default handle
function.

     So could we use a per-workqueue default handle function for these
workqueues, and leave an extra private data field for each work_struct?

     There are so many work_structs that we could reuse the func field
for the other uses.

     Is it acceptable? I haven't dived into the workqueue implementation
yet, but it seems not straight-forward for find_worker_executing_work,
etc. at a glance.

     Thanks,

Gao Xiang