Date:   Mon, 07 May 2018 09:08:41 +0200
From:   Martin Steigerwald <martin@...htvoll.de>
To:     Michael Schmitz <schmitzmic@...il.com>
Cc:     Al Viro <viro@...iv.linux.org.uk>,
        John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@...sik.fu-berlin.de>,
        Matthew Wilcox <willy@...radead.org>,
        David Sterba <dsterba@...e.cz>,
        Linux FS Devel <linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Linux Kernel Development <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Jens Axboe <axboe@...nel.dk>,
        Linux/m68k <linux-m68k@...ts.linux-m68k.org>,
        Debian m68k <debian-68k@...ts.debian.org>
Subject: Re: moving affs + RDB partition support to staging?

Michael Schmitz - 07.05.18, 04:40:
> Al,
>
> I don't think there is USB sticks with affs on them as yet. There
> isn't even USB host controller support for Amiga hardware (yet).
>
> Last I tried USB on m68k (Atari, 060 accelerator) the desktop
> experience was such that I'd rather not repeat that in a hurry (and
> that was a simple FAT USB stick).

There is USB support available on Amiga since a long time.

On "Classic" Amigas AmigaOS 3.x with Poseidon USB stack + some USB card.

On AmigaOS 4.x built-in. AmigaOS 4.x hardware like Sam boards from Acube
Systems have USB controllers that work out of the bux.

And I am pretty sure, you can also tell it to use Amiga Fast Filesystem
(on Linux affs) on an USB stick. Also you can plug in an external
harddisk with RDB partitions and whatever filesystems you wish.

Thanks,
--
Martin