Date:   Fri, 27 Jul 2018 11:00:25 +0900
From:   Akihiro TSUKADA <tskd08@...il.com>
To:     Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@...nel.org>
Cc:     Colin Ian King <colin.king@...onical.com>,
        linux-media@...r.kernel.org, Antti Palosaari <crope@....fi>,
        mika.batsman@...il.com
Subject: Re: media: dvb-usb-v2/gl861: ensure USB message buffers DMA'able

Hi,

On 2018年07月25日 22:57, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> There was another patch proposed to fix this issue with does the
> right thing when rlen == 0. I rebased it on the top of the current
> tree:
> 	https://git.linuxtv.org/media_tree.git/commit/?id=0b666e1c8120c0b17a8a68aaed58e22011f06ab3
>
> That should cover both cases.

When wlen is checked to be <= 2 and
wbuf[0],wbuf[1] are already used in 'index','value',
why this patch copys wbuf and passes it again in usb_control_msg when wo==1 ?
(just to silence static analiyzers?)

Furthermore,
I am afraid that a static analyzer might warn on a possible
buffer overrun in usb_control_msg in the case of rbuf == NULL && rlen > 2,
since buf's length is passed as rlen but is actually wlen.

regards,
Akihiro