Date:   Sat, 25 Aug 2018 18:32:05 -0700
From:   Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:     Dave Jiang <dave.jiang@...el.com>
Cc:     Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@...el.com>,
        "linux-nvdimm@...ts.01.org" <linux-nvdimm@...ts.01.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL]: libnvdimm updates for 4.19-rc1 v2 [2/2]

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 1:22 PM Jiang, Dave <dave.jiang@...el.com> wrote:

> Please pull to receive the libnvdimm dax-memory-failure series for v4.19-rc1. I have removed the
> offending ilog2() call and fixed up the patch accordingly.

Ok, not only does the code look fine now, I actually find this split
to have been much easier to look through, with the drivers split from
the memory-failure code. Please do this in the future too when you
have this kind of "driver changes and very core infrastructure
changes".

It may _look_ like more work to me when I do two pulls, but if they
are separated out sanely, it makes review so much easier that it's
actually less work overall. Thanks.

So pulled.

Well, this second one is not actually pulled quite yet - I'm still
doing the build tests for 1/2, but 2/2 has already passed my
sniff-test, so it's just waiting for the build tests to finish.

                Linus