Date:   Mon, 1 Oct 2018 13:37:30 -0700
From:   Daniel Wang <wonderfly@...gle.com>
To:     rostedt@...dmis.org
Cc:     stable@...r.kernel.org, pmladek@...e.com,
        Alexander.Levin@...rosoft.com, akpm@...ux-foundation.org,
        byungchul.park@....com, dave.hansen@...el.com, hannes@...xchg.org,
        jack@...e.cz, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-mm@...ck.org,
        mathieu.desnoyers@...icios.com, mgorman@...e.de, mhocko@...nel.org,
        pavel@....cz, penguin-kernel@...ove.sakura.ne.jp,
        peterz@...radead.org, tj@...nel.org, torvalds@...ux-foundation.org,
        vbabka@...e.cz, xiyou.wangcong@...il.com,
        Peter Feiner <pfeiner@...gle.com>
Subject: Re: 4.14 backport request for dbdda842fe96f: "printk: Add console
 owner and waiter logic to load balance console writes"

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 12:23 PM Steven Rostedt <rostedt@...dmis.org> wrote:

> > Serial console logs leading up to the deadlock. As can be seen the stack trace
> > was incomplete because the printing path hit a timeout.
>
> I'm fine with having this backported.

Thanks. I can send the cherrypicks your way. Do you recommend that I
include the three follow-up fixes though?

c14376de3a1b printk: Wake klogd when passing console_lock owner
fd5f7cde1b85 printk: Never set console_may_schedule in console_trylock()
c162d5b4338d printk: Hide console waiter logic into helpers
dbdda842fe96 printk: Add console owner and waiter logic to load
balance console writes

--
Best,
Daniel

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/pkcs7-signature" (4849 bytes)