Date:   Sun, 21 Oct 2018 20:41:33 +1100
From:   Aleksa Sarai <cyphar@...har.com>
To:     Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>,
        Ingo Molnar <mingo@...hat.com>,
        Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@...nel.org>,
        Alexander Shishkin <alexander.shishkin@...ux.intel.com>,
        Jiri Olsa <jolsa@...hat.com>,
        Namhyung Kim <namhyung@...nel.org>,
        Steven Rostedt <rostedt@...dmis.org>,
        Robert Richter <rric@...nel.org>,
        Brendan Gregg <bgregg@...flix.com>
Cc:     linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, oprofile-list@...ts.sf.net
Subject: Re: [RFC] Merging ftrace_stack, perf_callchain, oprofile->backtrace
 and stack_trace

On 2018-10-21, Aleksa Sarai <cyphar@...har.com> wrote:
> However, in working on this patch, I've noticed that there appear to be
> several different implementations of "get the stack trace from this
> pt_regs" which all appear quite similar. Namely:
>
>   * struct ftrace_stack;

Sorry, I made a mistake here. ftrace_stack *does* use stack_trace under
the hood, and so it can be easily modified to use the saved kretprobe
stack. The only issue is with perf_callchain_entry (which affects
bpf_get_stack).

--
Aleksa Sarai
Senior Software Engineer (Containers)

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (834 bytes)