Date:   Mon, 29 Oct 2018 19:08:19 +0000
From:   Dean Wallace <duffydack73@...il.com>
To:     Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@...il.com>
Cc:     Stephen Boyd <sboyd@...nel.org>,
        Pierre-Louis Bossart <pierre-louis.bossart@...ux.intel.com>,
        Hans de Goede <hdegoede@...hat.com>,
        Michael Turquette <mturquette@...libre.com>,
        linux-clk <linux-clk@...r.kernel.org>,
        Stable <stable@...r.kernel.org>,
        Johannes Stezenbach <js@...21.net>,
        Carlo Caione <carlo@...lessm.com>,
        Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@...ux.intel.com>,
Subject: Re: Regression found (Stop-marking-clocks-as-CLK_IS_CRITICAL)

On 29-10-18, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 7:52 PM Andy Shevchenko
> <andy.shevchenko@...il.com> wrote:
> >
> > Cc: Pierre as well.
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 7:48 PM Stephen Boyd <sboyd@...nel.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Quoting Dean Wallace (2018-10-25 16:25:17)

> > > Thanks for the bug report. I'm adding some people involved in the commit
> > > you mention is causing audio regressions. The best plan is to probably
> > > revert the commit from the 4.18 linux stable tree. Or there may be
> > > another patch missing that would be useful to make this backported patch
> > > work. Hopefully Hans or Andy knows.
> >
> > Hans has been investigating S0ix issues on Baytrail and Cherrytrail machines.
> > I have a feeling that the problem can be fixed by properly handling
> > clock in ASoC driver(s). Perhaps Hans and Pierre can figure this out
> > better than me.
>
> Looking to sound/soc/intel/boards/cht_bsw_rt5672.c I see no
> suspend-resume hooks. Perhaps, adding them like in the commit
> ac8bd9e13be2 ("r8169: Disable clk during suspend / resume") would
> help.
>
> Btw, what the drivers are in use for the machine you have? It's better
> you run alsa-info.sh or alike to collect necessary information along
> with output of `lsmod`, `dmesg`, etc.
>
> --
> With Best Regards,
> Andy Shevchenko

alsa-info.txt [1], cpuinfo [2], dmesg [3], and 'ls /sys/bus/i2c/devices' [4]
[1] https://gist.github.com/duffydack/480be8ddced44515dbf981dc09f593ec#file-alsa-info
[2] https://gist.github.com/duffydack/480be8ddced44515dbf981dc09f593ec#file-cpuinfo-log
[3] https://gist.github.com/duffydack/480be8ddced44515dbf981dc09f593ec#file-dmesg-log
[4] https://gist.github.com/duffydack/480be8ddced44515dbf981dc09f593ec#file-sys-bus-i2c-devices-log