Date:   Tue, 30 Oct 2018 23:05:43 +0100
From:   Knut Omang <knut.omang@...cle.com>
To:     Dhaval Giani <dhaval.giani@...il.com>,
        alexander.levin@...rosoft.com, LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        gregkh@...uxfoundation.org, alice.ferrazzi@...il.com,
        Kevin Hilman <khilman@...libre.com>,
        Tim Bird <tbird20d@...il.com>, dvyukov@...gle.com,
        Laura Abbott <labbott@...hat.com>,
        Steven Rostedt <rostedt@...dmis.org>,
        gustavo.padovan@...labora.co.uk,
        "Carpenter,Dan" <dan.carpenter@...cle.com>, willy@...radead.org
Subject: Re: [Announce] LPC 2018: Testing and Fuzzing Microconference

On Wed, 2018-09-19 at 10:14 -0700, Dhaval Giani wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Sasha and I are pleased to announce the Testing and Fuzzing track at
> LPC [ 1 ]. We are planning to continue the discussions from last
> year's microconference [2]. Many discussions from the Automated
> Testing Summit [3] will also continue, and a final agenda will come up
> only soon after that.
>
> Suggested Topics
>
> - Syzbot/syzkaller
> - ATS
> - Distro/stable testing
> - kernelci
> - kernelci auto bisection
> - Unit testing framework
>
> We look forward to other interesting topics for this microconference
> as a reply to this email.
>
> Thanks!
> Dhaval and Sasha
>
> [1] https://blog.linuxplumbersconf.org/2018/testing-and-fuzzing-mc/
> [2] https://lwn.net/Articles/735034/
> [3] https://elinux.org/Automated_Testing_Summit

Hi,

I'd like to make a short case for my "runchecks" enhancement to 'make C={1,2}' which is
the result of a discussion on the kernel mailing list last winter, to see how it can be
brought forward. It allows simple configuration to run one or more tools like checkpatch,
sparse, smatch and documentation checking with selective suppression of certain classes of
issues, to enable automated testing even when not all issues have been resolved - see
mailing list threads here:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/12/16/135
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10174967/

Thanks,