Date:   Tue, 13 Nov 2018 08:17:12 +0100
From:   Ingo Molnar <mingo@...nel.org>
To:     Bjorn Helgaas <helgaas@...nel.org>,
        Jonathan Cameron <Jonathan.Cameron@...wei.com>
Cc:     Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
        linux-pci@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        Lorenzo Pieralisi <lorenzo.pieralisi@....com>,
        Bart Van Assche <bvanassche@....org>,
        Jens Axboe <axboe@...nel.dk>,
        Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
        Borislav Petkov <bp@...en8.de>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] PCI changes for v4.20

* Bjorn Helgaas <helgaas@...nel.org> wrote:

> PCI changes:
>
>   - Pay attention to device-specific _PXM node values (Jonathan Cameron)

There's a new boot regression, my AMD ThreadRipper system (MSI X399 SLI
PLUS (MS-7B09)) hangs during early bootup, and I have bisected it down to
this commit:

  bad7dcd94f39: ACPI/PCI: Pay attention to device-specific _PXM node values

Reverting it solves the hang.

Unfortunately there's no console output when it hangs, even with
earlyprintk. It just hangs after the "loading initrd" line.

Config is an Ubuntu-ish config with PROVE_LOCKING=y and a few other debug
options.

All my other testsystems boot fine with similar configs, so it's probably
something specific to this system.

Thanks,

	Ingo