Date:   Wed, 28 Nov 2018 15:26:03 -0600
From:   Rob Herring <robh@...nel.org>
To:     Brendan Higgins <brendanhiggins@...gle.com>
Cc:     Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
        Kees Cook <keescook@...gle.com>,
        "Luis R. Rodriguez" <mcgrof@...nel.org>, shuah@...nel.org,
        Joel Stanley <joel@....id.au>,
        Michael Ellerman <mpe@...erman.id.au>,
        Joe Perches <joe@...ches.com>, brakmo@...com,
        Steven Rostedt <rostedt@...dmis.org>,
        "Bird, Timothy" <Tim.Bird@...y.com>,
        Kevin Hilman <khilman@...libre.com>,
        Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@...6.fr>,
        linux-kselftest@...r.kernel.org, kunit-dev@...glegroups.com,
        Jeff Dike <jdike@...toit.com>,
        Richard Weinberger <richard@....at>,
        linux-um@...ts.infradead.org, Daniel Vetter <daniel@...ll.ch>,
        dri-devel <dri-devel@...ts.freedesktop.org>,
        Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@...el.com>,
        linux-nvdimm <linux-nvdimm@...ts.01.org>,
        Kieran Bingham <kieran.bingham@...asonboard.com>,
        Frank Rowand <frowand.list@...il.com>, knut.omang@...cle.com
Subject: Re: [RFC v3 06/19] arch: um: enable running kunit from User Mode Linux

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 1:37 PM Brendan Higgins
<brendanhiggins@...gle.com> wrote:

> Make minimum number of changes outside of the KUnit directories for
> KUnit to build and run using UML.

There's nothing in this patch limiting this to UML. Only patch 1 does
that and I would remove that depends. I'd guess most folks will want
to run under something other than UML. DRM for instance (though the
virtual KMS stuff may work in UML?).

Plus you want to make sure this all builds with allmodconfig for x86
(or ARM) because those get the most (and quickest) compile coverage.

Rob