Date:   Fri, 30 Nov 2018 18:27:11 -0800
From:   Brian Norris <briannorris@...omium.org>
To:     Ganapathi Bhat <gbhat@...vell.com>
Cc:     Kalle Valo <kvalo@...eaurora.org>,
        Amitkumar Karwar <amitkarwar@...il.com>,
        Nishant Sarmukadam <nishants@...vell.com>,
        Xinming Hu <huxinming820@...il.com>,
        "linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org" <linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org>,
        "stable@...r.kernel.org" <stable@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [EXT] [4.20 PATCH] Revert "mwifiex: restructure
 rx_reorder_tbl_lock usage"

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 07:04:49PM +0000, Ganapathi Bhat wrote:
> > This was clearly not tested well at all. I simply performed 'wget' in a loop and
> > it fell over within a few seconds.
> Sorry. I had run a iperf test before sharing the patch (no regression observed).
> It looks I failed to get this right for second time I will check this.

Were you running on an 11n/ac network? IIUC, the particular code that's
being blamed is only active with 11n+ features.

You might also make sure you test with stuff like lockdep enabled, as
that gives nice warnings and can even preemptively warn about potential
problems before they even occur, if you use the right settings. (Some
lockdep configurations can slow things down significantly, BTW.)

Brian