Date:   Mon, 10 Dec 2018 12:39:12 -0500
From:   Carlos O'Donell <carlos@...hat.com>
To:     Jonathan Corbet <corbet@....net>,
        Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@...radead.org>
Cc:     Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
        Daniel Colascione <dancol@...gle.com>,
        Joel Fernandes <joelaf@...gle.com>,
        Linux API <linux-api@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Official Linux system wrapper library?

On 12/10/18 11:27 AM, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 20:38:56 -0800
> Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@...radead.org> wrote:
>
>> On 11/12/18 8:08 AM, Jonathan Corbet wrote:

>>> Do we think the LPC session might have the right people to create such a
>>> thing?  If so, I can try to put together a coherent presentation of the
>>> result.
>>
>> Hi,
>> Did anything ever happen with this syscall checklist suggestion?
>
> No, we really didn't have the right people around to do that,
> unfortunately.

We already have Documentation/process/adding-syscalls.rst.

The documentation there is quite thorough.

It lists things that people commonly forget e.g. email linux-api@...r.kernel.org.

Would it be acceptable to attempt to collate per-libc information
into the adding-syscalls.rst under a new section called:

"Integration with libc"

--
Cheers,
Carlos.