Date:   Tue, 29 Jan 2019 09:10:41 +0000
From:   linuxgpletc@...chan.it
To:     editor@...z.com, editor@....net, news@...register.co.uk
Cc:     misc@...nbsd.org, freebsd-chat@...ebsd.org,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, gentoo-user@...ts.gentoo.org
Subject: Re: Author of GPC-Slots2 promises to sue "John Doe" who violated GPL
 recission. (update)

Some updates (2):

http://8ch.net/tech/res/1018729.html#1024398

Anonymous  01/29/19 (Tue) 08:47:02 No.1024601
>> 1024597
> HOW MUCH DID YOU FUCKING PAY ME?
Nothing. Thank God for that.
> ARE WE IN A CONTRACT?
No.
> IT IS A BARE LICENSE.
Is this lawyer speak? I'm not a lawyer, sorry.
> I CAN RESCIND IT AT ANY TIME.
wrong
> THE CODE IS NOT YOUR PROPERTY. IT IS _MY_ PROPERTY.
It is your intellectual property that you have licensed to me under the
GPLv2+.
> I ALLOWED YOU A LICENSE TO USE IT.
correct
> I HAVE NOW REVOKED THAT LICENSE FROM YOU YOU [...].
no
> Show me a case otherwise.
why???????????
> Gratis licenses, without an attached interest, are revocable.
sorry m8. you are wrong

Anonymous  01/29/19 (Tue) 09:03:54 No.1024602
>> 1024601
> >ARE WE IN A CONTRACT?
> No.
Then explain to me, if we are not in a contract, how you can bind me to
a "no revocation" clause. Explain it to me, slowly, please.
> >IT IS A BARE LICENSE.
> Is this lawyer speak? I'm not a lawyer, sorry.
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
A bare license is simply permission.
When you allow someone to enter your house you are giving them a (bare)
license to enter your house. When you tell them to leave you are
rescinding that license. You can do so at any time.
Now if they pay you for "I can enter your house for 30 days", then
because there is consideration, and a contract, you cannot then reneg on
that term.
> >I CAN RESCIND IT AT ANY TIME.
> wrong
You just agreed that we are not in a contract, how can you now declare
that I cannot rescind the license. Please explain you reasoning
> sorry m8. you are wrong
Give you legal reasoning.