Date:   Fri, 8 Feb 2019 15:11:29 -0500
From:   Todd Zullinger <tmz@...ox.com>
To:     SZEDER Gábor <szeder.dev@...il.com>
Cc:     "Randall S. Becker" <rsbecker@...bridge.com>,
        Jeff King <peff@...f.net>,
        'Junio C Hamano' <gitster@...ox.com>, git@...r.kernel.org,
        'Linux Kernel' <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        git-packagers@...glegroups.com
Subject: Re: [Breakage] Git v2.21.0-rc0 - t5403 (NonStop)

SZEDER Gábor wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 08, 2019 at 05:48:27AM -0500, Randall S. Becker wrote:
>> We have a few new breakages on the NonStop port in 2.21.0-rc0. The first is in t5403, as below:
[...]
>> The post-checkout hook is:
>> #!/usr/local/bin/bash
>> echo "$@" >$GIT_DIR/post-checkout.args
>>
>> This looks like it is a "bash thing" and $GIT_DIR might have to be in quotes, and is not be specific to the platform. If I replace
>>
>> echo "$@" >$GIT_DIR/post-checkout.args
>>
>> with
>>
>> echo "$@" >"$GIT_DIR/post-checkout.args"
>>
>> The test passes.
>
> Wow, this is the second time this "redirection to a filename with
> spaces under Bash" issue pops up today, see the other one here:
>
>   https://public-inbox.org/git/20190208031746.22683-2-tmz@pobox.com/T/#u

Indeed, I was surprised to see another one today.

It made me wonder how I had missed it in my own testing.
This one requires SHELL_PATH to be bash, while I only set
TEST_SHELL_PATH to bash for the improved -x tracing in the
fedora builds.

I ran the tests again with SHELL_PATH as bash on fedora and
this was the only failure I saw (other than the one from my
earlier message, that is).

--
Todd