Date:   Fri, 15 Feb 2019 16:01:08 +0100
From:   Michal Vokáč <michal.vokac@...ft.com>
To:     Vinod Koul <vkoul@...nel.org>, Andrew Lunn <andrew@...n.ch>
Cc:     "David S. Miller" <davem@...emloft.net>, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
        Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@...il.com>
Subject: [RFC] net: dsa: qca8k: implement rgmii-id mode

Hi,

networking on my boards [1], which are currently in linux-next, suddently
stopped working. I tracked it down to this commit 5ecdd77c61c8 ("net: dsa:
qca8k: disable delay for RGMII mode") [2].

So I think the rgmii-id mode is obviously needed in my case.
I was able to find a couple drivers that read tx/rx-delay or
tx/rx-internal-delay from device tree. Namely:

   drivers/net/ethernet/apm/xgene/xgene_enet_main.c
   drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-mediatek.c
   drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-meson8b.c
   drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-sun8i.c
   drivers/net/phy/dp83867.c

I would appreciate any hints how to add similar function to qca8k driver
if that is the correct way to go. Can I take some of the above mentioned
drivers as a good example for that? How should the binding look like?

I would expect something like this:

	switch@0 {
		compatible = "qca,qca8334";
		reg = <0>;