lists.openwall.net   lists  /  announce  owl-users  owl-dev  john-users  john-dev  passwdqc-users  yescrypt  popa3d-users  /  oss-security  kernel-hardening  musl  sabotage  tlsify  passwords  /  crypt-dev  xvendor  /  Bugtraq  Full-Disclosure  linux-kernel  linux-netdev  linux-ext4  linux-hardening  PHC 
Open Source and information security mailing list archives
 
Hash Suite: Windows password security audit tool. GUI, reports in PDF.
[<prev] [next>] [<thread-prev] [thread-next>] [day] [month] [year] [list]
Date:   Mon, 18 Feb 2019 16:38:34 +0100
From:   Takashi Iwai <tiwai@...e.de>
To:     Paul Menzel <pmenzel+alsa-devel@...gen.mpg.de>
Cc:     alsa-devel@...a-project.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: snd_hda_codec_hdmi: `hdaudio hdaudioC0D2: Unable to bind the codec`

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 16:17:30 +0100,
Paul Menzel wrote:
> 
> >> Then, I built the HDA subsystem as a module, but that also did not help.
> >> The DRM subsystem is started after the HD-audio subsystem.
> >>
> >> ```
> >> $ grep -e SND_HDA= -e SND_HDA_INTEL /boot/config-4.20.8.mx64.245 
> >> CONFIG_SND_HDA=m
> >> CONFIG_SND_HDA_INTEL=m
> > 
> > That's odd.  In sound/hda/hdac_i915.c there is an explicit
> > request_module("i915"), and at that point, it has a 10 second
> > timeout.  If this isn't enough, try to raise the number, e.g. 60
> > seconds.
> 
> I tried as you suggested, and increased it to 60 seconds.
> 
>     sed -i 's/msecs_to_jiffies(10 * 1000))/msecs_to_jiffies(60 * 1000))/' sound/hda/hdac_i915.c
> 
> That seems to have fixed it.
> 
> ```
> $ grep _hda_ 20190218–linux_4.20.10–dmesg.txt
> [   15.568061] snd_hda_intel 0000:00:1f.3: bound 0000:00:02.0 (ops i915_audio_component_bind_ops [i915])
> [   15.706898] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0: autoconfig for ALC671: line_outs=1 (0x21/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0) type:line
> [   15.708754] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0:    speaker_outs=1 (0x17/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
> [   15.710249] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0:    hp_outs=1 (0x14/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
> [   15.712031] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0:    mono: mono_out=0x0
> [   15.712348] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0:    inputs:
> [   15.712619] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0:      Front Mic=0x19
> [   15.712929] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0:      Rear Mic=0x18
> [   15.713234] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0:      Line=0x1a
> ```
> 
> So the time-out, needs to be increased.

OK, I'm going to extend the value.  I thought a minute would be too
long, and I naively assumed that the recent machines were fast
enough.  Maybe 60 isn't too bad after all.


thanks,

Takashi

Powered by blists - more mailing lists