Date:   Fri, 15 Mar 2019 11:20:58 +0200
From:   Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@...il.com>
To:     "Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult" <info@...ux.net>
        David Brown <david.brown@...aro.org>,
        Shawn Guo <shawnguo@...nel.org>,
        Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@...gutronix.de>,
        Fabio Estevam <festevam@...il.com>,
        dl-linux-imx <linux-imx@....com>, baohua@...nel.org,
        Peter Korsgaard <jacmet@...site.dk>,
        "open list:SERIAL DRIVERS" <linux-serial@...r.kernel.org>,
        linux-arm-msm@...r.kernel.org,
        "open list:LINUX FOR POWERPC PA SEMI PWRFICIENT"
        <linuxppc-dev@...ts.ozlabs.org>
Subject: Re: serial driver cleanups v2

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 11:12 AM Andy Shevchenko
<andy.shevchenko@...il.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 12:40 AM Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
> <info@...ux.net> wrote:
>
> > here's v2 of my serial cleanups queue - part I:
> >
> > essentially using helpers to code more compact and switching to
> > devm_*() functions for mmio management.
> >
> > Part II will be about moving the mmio range from mapbase and
> > mapsize (which are used quite inconsistently) to a struct resource
> > and using helpers for that. But this one isn't finished yet.
> > (if somebody likes to have a look at it, I can send it, too)
>
> Let's do that way you are preparing a branch somewhere and anounce
> here as an RFC, since this was neither tested nor correct.
> And selling point for many of them is not true: it doesn't make any
> difference in the size in code, but increases a time to run
> (devm_ioremap_resource() does more than plain devm_iomap() call).

And one more thing, perhaps you can run existing and / or contribute
to coccinelle since this all scriptable and maintainers can decide if
this or that coccinelle script is useful.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko