Date:   Tue, 26 Mar 2019 10:01:42 +0100
From:   Michal Hocko <mhocko@...nel.org>
To:     Pankaj Suryawanshi <pankaj.suryawanshi@...fochips.com>
Cc:     Kirill Tkhai <ktkhai@...tuozzo.com>,
        Vlastimil Babka <vbabka@...e.cz>,
        "aneesh.kumar@...ux.ibm.com" <aneesh.kumar@...ux.ibm.com>,
        "minchan@...nel.org" <minchan@...nel.org>,
        "linux-mm@...ck.org" <linux-mm@...ck.org>,
        "khandual@...ux.vnet.ibm.com" <khandual@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [External] Re: vmscan: Reclaim unevictable pages

[You were asked to use a reasonable quoting several times. This is
really annoying because it turns the email thread into a complete mess]

On Tue 26-03-19 07:53:14, Pankaj Suryawanshi wrote:
> Is there anyone who is familiar with this?  Please Comment.

Not really. You are observing an unexpected behavior of the page reclaim
which hasn't changed for quite some time. So I find more probable that
your non-vanilla kernel is doing something unexpected. It would help if
you could track down how does the unevictable page get down to the
reclaim path. I assume this is a CMA page or something like that but
those shouldn't get to the reclaim path AFIR.
--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs