Date:   Tue, 26 Mar 2019 09:35:20 -0600
From:   Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@...hat.com>
To:     "Liu, Yi L" <yi.l.liu@...el.com>
Cc:     "kwankhede@...dia.com" <kwankhede@...dia.com>,
        "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@...el.com>,
        "baolu.lu@...ux.intel.com" <baolu.lu@...ux.intel.com>,
        "Sun, Yi Y" <yi.y.sun@...el.com>,
        "joro@...tes.org" <joro@...tes.org>,
        "jean-philippe.brucker@....com" <jean-philippe.brucker@....com>,
        "peterx@...hat.com" <peterx@...hat.com>,
Subject: Re: [RFC v2 1/2] vfio/pci: export common symbols in vfio-pci

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 12:37:37 +0000
"Liu, Yi L" <yi.l.liu@...el.com> wrote:

> [...]

Thank Yi, I appreciate your work on this.  Also, I wonder if we might
want to reconsider placing this driver in samples, the Makefile might
be a little bit ugly with paths back to drivers/vfio/pci, but I don't
think we run into the same barriers as you did with previous
approaches.  Placing it in samples would at least alleviate any
confusion that this isn't a vfio-pci replacement, but more of an mdev
wrapper proof of concept.  Thanks,

Alex