Date:   Mon, 29 Apr 2019 16:52:48 +0200
From:   Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
To:     Paul Moore <paul@...l-moore.com>
Cc:     Sasha Levin <sashal@...nel.org>,
        Nathan Chancellor <natechancellor@...il.com>,
        Stephen Smalley <sds@...ho.nsa.gov>,
        Eric Paris <eparis@...isplace.org>, selinux@...r.kernel.org,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, stable@...r.kernel.org,
        Nicolas Iooss <nicolas.iooss@....org>
Subject: Re: scripts/selinux build error in 4.14 after glibc update

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 10:47:00AM -0400, Paul Moore wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 10:09 AM Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org> wrote:

> > > Well, we are at -rc7 right now and it looks like an -rc8 is unlikely
> > > so the question really comes down to can/do you want to wait a week?
> >
> > It's a regression in the 5.1-rc tree, that is hitting people now.  Why
> > do you want to have a 5.1-final that is known to be broken?
>
> I believe I answered that in my reply to Sasha.  Can you answer the
> question I asked of you above?

If you don't submit it this week, I guess I can wait as I have no other
choice.

But note, this did break my build systems, and my main development
system this weekend.  So yes, the number of people being affected might
be "small", but that "small" number includes the people responsible for
maintaining those stable kernels :(

Anyway, it's your call, just letting you know I'm really annoyed at the
moment by this...

greg k-h