Date:   Wed, 15 May 2019 18:49:57 -0700
From:   Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:     Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@...ive.com>
Cc:     atish.patra@....com, linux-riscv@...ts.infradead.org,
        Linux List Kernel Mailing <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] RISC-V Patches for the 5.2 Merge Window, Part 1

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 6:43 PM Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@...ive.com> wrote:

> Linus: I'm not sure how to tag this PR as a mistake, so I'm going to just send
> another one.  If this gets merged then I'll handle the follow-on.

Just emailing in the same thread ends up with me hopefully seeing the
"oops, cancel pull request" before I actually pull, so you did the
right thing.

To make sure, you _could_ obviously also just force-remove the tag you
asked me to pull, so that if I miss an email any pull attempt of mine
would just fail.

.., and if were to have ended up pulling before you sent the cancel
email and/or removed the tag, it's obviously all too late, and then
we'd have to fix things up after the fact, but at least this time it
got caught in time.

            Linus