Date:   Wed, 29 May 2019 22:44:39 +0200
From:   Jacek Anaszewski <jacek.anaszewski@...il.com>
To:     Mark Brown <broonie@...nel.org>
Cc:     linux-leds@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        lee.jones@...aro.org, lgirdwood@...il.com
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] Immutable branch between LEDs, MFD and REGULATOR

On 5/22/19 9:02 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 08:27:32PM +0200, Jacek Anaszewski wrote:

>>> Why have these been applied, I haven't reviewed them?  As far as I can
>>> tell they were sent before the merge window so I'd expect a resend at
>>> this point...
>
>> The patch set have been floating around for some time and besides
>
> Most of that time as far as I can tell they weren't being posted to
> subsystem maintainers, you can't expect people to be aware of patches
> that they are not being sent and single postings get missed or dropped
> for all sorts of reasons.
>
>> the v2 you were cc'ed by Dan, I also poked you a week ago for v4 [1].
>
> That post from a week ago was you copying me into a thread I wasn't CCed
> on saying I should have been sent the patches.  My expectation would
> therefore be that someone would send me the patches, I'm obviously going
> to prioritize patches that actually get sent to me over ones where I
> have to go searching to try to turn up copies.

I admit I should have CC'ed you the exact patches and not only
the cover letter.

>> Don't be surprised that I assumed you simply don't care.
>
> You have unreasonable expectations here.  At the very least I would have
> expected something along the lines of "hey, you don't seem to have
> looked at these" before you just applied things, and ideally ensuring
> that the patches had actually been sent to everyone with a reasonable
> lead time so there was a good chance that review could happen.

In fact you were notified only of v2 of the patch set AFAICS.
There is indeed a chance it might have gone unnoticed through
your mailbox (or classified otherwise).

I need to be more wary in such cases in the future.

--
Best regards,
Jacek Anaszewski