Date:   Tue, 11 Jun 2019 16:31:42 +0200
From:   Öyvind Saether <oyvinds@...uxreviews.org>
To:     linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Why "must" we upgrade the kernels? A hint would be nice

All the recently released kernels have had a "All users of the
_branch_ kernel series must upgrade." notice. It would be informative
to have some indication as to why users "must" upgrade. The logs are
long and do not really say if there is some urgent reason to upgrade.

Also, as I point out in my latest article about them kernels at
https://linuxreviews.org/Mihan - it is fair to wonder if Greg just put
that warning in a template and forgot about it since it appears to be
attached to every single kernel-release. A warning like that gets less
urgent each time it appears.