Date:   Mon, 24 Jun 2019 23:55:21 +0200
From:   "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rafael@...nel.org>
To:     Joel Fernandes <joelaf@...gle.com>
Cc:     Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
        Tri Vo <trong@...roid.com>,
        "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rafael@...nel.org>,
        "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...ysocki.net>,
        Sandeep Patil <sspatil@...roid.com>,
        Viresh Kumar <viresh.kumar@...aro.org>,
        Hridya Valsaraju <hridya@...gle.com>,
        Linux PM <linux-pm@...r.kernel.org>,
        "Cc: Android Kernel" <kernel-team@...roid.com>,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Alternatives to /sys/kernel/debug/wakeup_sources

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 2:27 PM Joel Fernandes <joelaf@...gle.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 3:37 AM Greg Kroah-Hartman
> <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org> wrote:

> > > This may be a dumb question. Is it appropriate to make symbolic links
> > > in sysfs from one attribute to another attribute? For example,
> > > /sys/devices/.../power/wakeup_count ->
> > > /sys/power/wakeup_sources/.../wakeup_count.
> >
> > Why? would you want that?
>
> This sounds like what Rafael suggested (quoted above), right?

I did, basically to avoid exposing the same information in two places
via different code paths.

I tend to forget about this limitation, sorry for the confusion.

That's not a big deal, though, the attributes under
/sys/devices/.../power/ just need to stay the way they are (for
backwards compatibility).