Date:   Thu, 27 Jun 2019 12:01:23 -0700
From:   Eric Biggers <ebiggers@...nel.org>
To:     John Fastabend <john.fastabend@...il.com>
Cc:     Boris Pismenny <borisp@...lanox.com>,
        Aviad Yehezkel <aviadye@...lanox.com>,
        Dave Watson <davejwatson@...com>,
        Daniel Borkmann <daniel@...earbox.net>, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
        davem@...emloft.net, glider@...gle.com,
        herbert@...dor.apana.org.au, linux-crypto@...r.kernel.org,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, syzkaller-bugs@...glegroups.com,
        syzbot <syzbot+6f50c99e8f6194bf363f@...kaller.appspotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [net/tls] Re: KMSAN: uninit-value in aesti_encrypt

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 11:19:51AM -0700, John Fastabend wrote:
> Eric Biggers wrote:
> > [+TLS maintainers]
> >
> > Very likely a net/tls bug, not a crypto bug.
> >
> > Possibly a duplicate of other reports such as "KMSAN: uninit-value in gf128mul_4k_lle (3)"
> >
> > See https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20190625055019.GD17703@sol.localdomain/ for
> > the list of 17 other open syzbot bugs I've assigned to the TLS subsystem.  TLS
> > maintainers, when are you planning to look into these?
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 09:37:05AM -0700, syzbot wrote:
>
> I'm looking at this issue now. There is a series on bpf list now to address
> many of those 17 open issues but this is a separate issue. I can reproduce
> it locally so should have a fix soon.

Okay, great!  However, just to clarify, the 17 syzbot bugs I assigned to TLS are
in addition to the 30 I assigned to BPF
(https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20190624050114.GA30702@sol.localdomain/).
(Well, since I sent that it's actually up to 35 now.)

I do expect most of these are duplicates, so when you are fixing the bugs, it
would be really helpful (for everyone, including you in the future :-) ) if you
would include the corresponding Reported-by syzbot line for *every* syzbot
report you think is addressed, so they get closed.

- Eric