Date:   Thu, 4 Jul 2019 14:57:11 +0200
From:   Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzk@...nel.org>
To:     Peng Ma <peng.ma@....com>
Cc:     Vinod Koul <vkoul@...nel.org>,
        "dmaengine@...r.kernel.org" <dmaengine@...r.kernel.org>,
        Fabio Estevam <fabio.estevam@....com>,
        Leo Li <leoyang.li@....com>, Andy Tang <andy.tang@....com>
Subject: Re: [EXT] [BUG BISECT] Net boot fails on VF50 after "dmaengine:
 fsl-edma: support little endian for edma driver"

On Thu, 4 Jul 2019 at 04:10, Peng Ma <peng.ma@....com> wrote:

> Hi Krzysztof,
>
> I am sorry, It is my mistake to forget about VF50 used EDMA IP with little endian.
> The Register(CHCFG0 - CHCFG15) of our platform designed as follows:
> *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------*
> |     Offset   | Big endian Register| Little endian Register|
> |---------------------|--------------------------|-----------------------------|
> |     0x0     |     CHCFG0    |     CHCFG3      |
> |---------------------|--------------------------|-----------------------------|
> |     0x1     |     CHCFG1    |     CHCFG2      |
> |---------------------|--------------------------|-----------------------------|
> |     0x2     |     CHCFG2    |     CHCFG1      |
> |---------------------|--------------------------|-----------------------------|
> |     0x3     |     CHCFG3    |     CHCFG0      |
> |---------------------|--------------------------|-----------------------------|
> |     ...      |        ......     |         ......      |
> |---------------------|--------------------------|-----------------------------|
> |     0xC     |     CHCFG12   |     CHCFG15     |
> |---------------------|--------------------------|-----------------------------|
> |     0xD     |     CHCFG13   |     CHCFG14     |
> |---------------------|--------------------------|-----------------------------|
> |     0xE     |     CHCFG14   |     CHCFG13     |
> |---------------------|--------------------------|-----------------------------|
> |     0xF     |     CHCFG15   |     CHCFG12     |
>
> So we need this patch, I make some changes,Please help me to test attatchment on VF50 board,
> Thanks.

With the patch VF50 boots fine.

BTW, Colibri VF50 nicely boots from network almost out of the box so
it is easy to add it to automated tests for simple boot tests. This
way you do not have to manually test it on such platform...

Best regards,
Krzysztof