Date:   Fri, 5 Jul 2019 11:14:59 -0400
From:   Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To:     Yoshinori Sato <ysato@...rs.sourceforge.jp>
Cc:     Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...db.de>,
        John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@...sik.fu-berlin.de>,
        Adam Borowski <kilobyte@...band.pl>,
        Christoph Hellwig <hch@....de>,
        Linux-sh list <linux-sh@...r.kernel.org>,
        linux-arch <linux-arch@...r.kernel.org>,
Subject: Re: [RFC] remove arch/sh?

On Fri, Jul 05, 2019 at 10:51:55PM +0900, Yoshinori Sato wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jun 2019 00:38:21 +0900,
> Rich Felker wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 08:25:20PM +0900, Yoshinori Sato wrote:

> > > I also have some boards, so it's possible to rewrite more.
> > > I can not rewrite the target I do not have, so I think that
> > > there is nothing but to retire.
> >
> > To clarify, are you agreeing with Arnd's suggestion to retire/remove
> > everything but jcore and sh4[a]?
> >
> > Rich
>
> I have SH2/2A/3 target board.
> So can mantain CPU support.
> But with board support it will be difficult.
> I would like to make the transition to a common framework.
> I also have to fix the parts that depend on each board for migration,
> so I would like to limit the target for maintenance to only those
> that can be used now.

Do you still have a working version of your device tree patches that
applies to current kernel? If not, could I post the forward-ported
versions I have right now (they're not up to current kernel but newer)
for you to take a look and see what might be wrong?

Your original version with the kernel version it applied to worked,
but my forward-port one doesn't. PCI is crashing during boot with the
qemu-emulated board, so I can't get disks or network, and I eventually
got frustrated trying to fix it and set it aside.

Rich