Date:   Mon, 30 Sep 2019 19:56:48 +0530
From:   Bhaskar Chowdhury <unixbhaskar@...il.com>
To:     Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
Cc:     torvalds@...ux-foundation.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        akpm@...ux-foundation.org, tglx@...utronix.de,
        viro@...iv.linux.org.uk
Subject: Re: [RFC] Makefiles in scripts dir needs to move  one place

On 10:18 Mon 30 Sep 2019, Greg KH wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 01:40:41PM +0530, Bhaskar Chowdhury wrote:
>>
>> Hey Greg ,
>>
>> Absolute trivialities, but might break few scripts, but make things
>> clean..
>>
>> We have so many *Makefile.* cluttering in the top level scripts dir.
>> Can we please move those in one place, means create a dir and put all
>> of them in it.
>
>Why?  What would that help with?

Cleanliness of that directory. Nothing else,kinda organized way.YMMV

>> And call those in the scripts with that dir preceded . Kindly , let me
>> know how awful that would be.
>
>I can not parse these sentances, sorry.

 :) All , I was trying to say that , the path to the makefile inside the
 scripts will add that directory to the existing path.

 Say, present is like /foo/bar/hoo that will become /foo/moo/bar/hoo

 that "moo" directory will holds all the makefiles.

 Okay,  as I said ,in top of the mail this is absolute trivialities.

Bhaskar

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (489 bytes)