Date:   Thu, 14 Nov 2019 14:59:47 +0200
From:   Georgi Djakov <georgi.djakov@...aro.org>
To:     Viresh Kumar <viresh.kumar@...aro.org>,
        Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
Cc:     Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@...aro.org>,
        Linux PM list <linux-pm@...r.kernel.org>,
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] interconnect changes for 5.5

On 11/14/19 10:41, Viresh Kumar wrote:
> On 10-11-19, 11:16, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 09, 2019 at 12:27:29PM -0800, Bjorn Andersson wrote:
>>> As your question shows, everyone gets this wrong and the build breaks
>>> all the time (it's not "depends on framework", it's "depends on
>>> framework || framework=n" - and everyone you'll talk to will be
>>> puzzled as to why this is).
>>
>> Ah, now I get it.  Yeah, that sucks.  We need a "shortcut" in Kconfig to
>> express that type of dependancy.
>
> Maybe we can use
>
> depends on framework != m

That won't work in the case where framework=m, provider=m and consumer=m.
Today this is supported by having each consumer to:
	depends on framework || !framework

So again, the problem is that we need to add something to Kconfig, even a
"shortcut", in order to express this dependency. If we convert the framework
from tristate to bool, there will be no need to touch Kconfig, as we have the
include stubs. Keeping the modular support comes at the cost of adding a
dependency to Kconfig for each user.

Thanks,
Georgi