Date:   Tue, 03 Dec 2019 19:33:09 -0800
From:   James Bottomley <jejb@...ux.ibm.com>
To:     "Zhao, Shirley" <shirley.zhao@...el.com>,
        Mimi Zohar <zohar@...ux.ibm.com>,
        Jarkko Sakkinen <jarkko.sakkinen@...ux.intel.com>,
        Jonathan Corbet <corbet@....net>
Cc:     "linux-integrity@...r.kernel.org" <linux-integrity@...r.kernel.org>,
        "keyrings@...r.kernel.org" <keyrings@...r.kernel.org>,
        "linux-doc@...r.kernel.org" <linux-doc@...r.kernel.org>,
        "'Mauro Carvalho Chehab'" <mchehab+samsung@...nel.org>,
        "Zhu, Bing" <bing.zhu@...el.com>,
        "Chen, Luhai" <luhai.chen@...el.com>
Subject: Re: One question about trusted key of keyring in Linux kernel.

On Wed, 2019-12-04 at 03:01 +0000, Zhao, Shirley wrote:
> Hi, James,
>
> Using policy digest to reload trusted key, doesn't work, either.
> Please check the steps below.
> I think policy digest should be calculated by TPM when verifying the
> policy to reload key.

You misunderstand my meaning: the API we have now doesn't work; the key
blob the kernel returns currently after key create won't reload because
it contains extraneous data.  I was proposing a working API I thought
might replace it, but obviously it has to be coded up and accepted into
a kernel version before you can use it.

If you want to get trusted keys working today, I think the TPM 1.2 API
still works if you have a TPM 1.2 system.

James